UKIE unveils first digital sales chart
Trade association UKIE has today unveiled the first ever UK videogame digital sales chart, covering PC downloads.
Though still in beta, the UKIE has been working on a digital chart since 2010, and the fruits of that labour are this chart which covers January 2012. The 25 members of UKIE represent about 80% of the boxed PC market, and although only 10 shared data for this first chart, it's believed that they represent 40% of the overall digital PC market.
UKIE CEO, Jo Twist, commented “We are delighted to reveal the UK’s first digital chart based on real sales data. This is a watershed moment for our industry, but it is only the first step in capturing the full digital market. There is still a lot of work to be done, and we need more data, but we felt that the market would benefit from seeing that this project is very much on course.
01. Star Wars: The Old Republic (EA)
02. From Dust (Ubisoft)
03. Bastion (Warner Bros)
04. Battlefield 3 (EA)
05. Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros)
06. Deus Ex: Human Revolution Standard Edition (Square Enix)
07. Anno 2070 (Ubisoft)
08. Assassin's Creed II Collectors Edition (Ubisoft)
09. Assassin's Creed Revelations (Ubisoft)
10. Hitman Collection (Square Enix)
11. Anno 2070 Collectors Edition (Ubisoft)
12. Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft)
13. Sims 3 (EA)
14. FEAR 3 (Warner Bros)
15. R.U.S.E. (Ubisoft)
16. Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (Ubisoft)
17. Hitman: Blood Money (Square Enix)
18. Heroes of Might and Magic 6 (Ubisoft)
19. Batman Arkham Asylum Game of the Year (Warner Bros)
20. Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Warner Bros)